If you want to get rid of belly fat and get a permanent flat stomach you need a good flat belly diet and good stomach exercises. Getting a slim waist doesn’t happen in a day, but it happens daily as you maintain a healthy eating diet, and exercise regularly. Eat these fat burning foods and exercise your way from fat belly to flat belly, and improve your overall health too!
1. Broccoli – This can be a very good addition to your flat burning diet. It is one of the so called negative calorie foods, because the body expends more energy breaking it down than it actually gets from the food. These fat burning foods short-change the body into losing weight. So, feast on broccoli and, because of its high fibre content, it will keep you full for longer and help control your eating and weight further.
2. Fennel seeds – Infusions from the seeds or roots can relieve stomach problems, including flatulance, and can aid in weight reduction and achieving a slim belly and waist. They also reduce water retention and are full of antioxidants.
3. Green Tea – Green tea is rich in natural polyphenolic antioxidants called catechins which aid in weight loss. Not only does drinking green tea help fill your stomach when you’re hungry, it also boosts your metabolism, which adds to the fat burning benefits.
4. Berries – These colourful fruits are rich in polyphenols such as the flavonoids, anthocyanins, and tannins, which are found mainly in the skins and seeds. These natural plant pigments are antioxidants and aid in weight loss. This is one of the reasons why acai and goji berry extracts are marketed extensively in some weight loss supplements. So, feast on these fat burning foods and trim off the fat belly.
5. Grape Fruit – Generally, incorporating fruits into a healthy eating diet has major health benefits, but grape fruit trumps the other fruits in that it has great fat burning properties. If you google “grape fruit diet” you’d be amazed at the number of diets promoting the fat busting and antioxidant properties of grape fruits. They are also rich in pectin, a soluble fibre, which helps regulate blood glucose levels and lowers cholesterol.
6. Eggs – They can help you lose weight and regulate blood glucose levels. They owe their fat burning properties to their high content of the amino acid leucine. Leucine helps promote lean muscle mass instead of fat. Eggs have been known to burn fat in that ever frustrating tummy area that plagues a lot of people.
7. Beans – They are reported to have extraordinary fat burning benefits. They’re high in vitamins, fiber, protein and iron. Their high fibre content helps lower cholesterol and trap bile acid.
8. Oats – They are a powerhouse of good nutrition, vitamin-full and contain more protein and fat than other cereals. They keep you full and get you going for much longer, reducing the need for snacking.
9. Yoghurt – This is another belly fat buster which also keeps blood sugar levels even, and prevents sugar cravings. Low fat and low calorie yoghurts are also available and can help those on calorie restricted diets, like diabetics, achieve flat stomachs.
10. Kale – Like broccoli, kale is a negative calorie food. It is also high in fiber, which aids in digesting food, cleansing the colon and filling the stomach. As far as foods go, it is top on the list of highly nutritious foods and is a good source of beta-carotene and vitamin C, which are both powerful antioxidants.
This is not a program on how to lose belly fat or how to get a flat stomach, but a low down on some fat burning foods that you may find beneficial. Healthy eating and fat burning foods alone may not be sufficient to trim all the belly fat, but incorporating regular stomach exercises into your routine will not only help you lose belly fat, but will also tone your belly.